The Newman Library received an award from Access New York recognizing its easy accessibility to users with disabilities. Elevators, restrooms, and water fountains are wheelchair accessible. Room numbers and call number labels in the book stacks are printed in Braille.
Equipment and Services
The Newman Library works closely with the Baruch College Office of Student Disability Services to ensure that its resources are accessible.
- All computers in the Library are equipped with ZoomText, JAWS, and Kurzweil 3000.
- A text enlarger is located across from the Technology Loan Desk on the 3rd floor.
- Adjustable-height tables are located in the Engelman Reading Room on the 2nd floor.
- Two PCs on the 2nd floor (carrels 25 and 26) are designated for priority use by users with disabilities and accept a guest login.
- Printers on the 2nd floor are wheelchair-height.
- Group study rooms are available for students who work with a reader.
- All Library users may borrow portable assistive technology devices from the 2nd floor circulation desk for use in the Library only. Baruch students who need longer-term use of this equipment should contact the Office of Student Disability Services.
- Library staff are available to help with the retrieval of materials and the use of electronic databases. Inquire at the circulation desk or reference desk on the 2nd floor.
Baruch College students should contact the Office of Student Disability Services to learn about all the equipment and services that are available to assist with using the Library and its technology.
All other library users should contact the Office of the Vice President for Information Services & Dean of the Library.