First, check whether CUNY libraries own the book you need:
- Search for the item in OneSearch
- If the book is owned by a CUNY library, use the “Request a Copy” button to order
If the item cannot be ordered from CUNY libraries, request Interlibrary Loan:
- Search for the book in WorldCat and click on “Request This Item via ILL”.
- Alternatively, log on to ILLiad and complete a “New Request” form.
Limits: Please note that undergraduate students are limited to 20 active requests. A request is considered “active” until you return the item to our library.
Damaged items: The borrower is responsible for all ILL items in their possession. If an item is lost or damaged, the lending library reserves the right to invoice us for the repair or replacement costs. The amount billed will vary and will be passed to the borrower for payment. Repeatedly damaging items may result in the suspension of ILL privileges.
- Books not owned by any CUNY library: Books not owned by Baruch College but that are owned by another CUNY college should be requested in OneSearch
- Articles not available at Baruch College: First, search the library’s journals page in OneSearch
- All other items not available at Baruch College: Can be requested via Interlibrary Loan. Exceptions: Textbooks, study guides, workbooks, or leisure reading materials cannot be requested via Interlibrary Loan.
Books are typically available to pick up in 3-10 days. Articles are typically available to download in 1-3 days.
However, please keep in mind that waiting times vary for each individual request. You can track your requests by logging on to your account in ILLiad.
Include the full citation and standard number (ISBN or ISSN) for your material to get the quickest turnaround.
You will receive an email notification when the item arrives. If it is an electronic article, your email will contain instructions on how to retrieve the article. If it is a book, it will be available for you to pick up from the Circulation Desk of the Library on the 2nd floor.
Electronic articles are stored in the Interlibrary Loan server for 30 days for a maximum of 5 viewings.
If the Interlibrary Loan sticker on the item you borrowed does not say “NO RENEWALS,” you can request a renewal in ILLiad/Interlibrary Loan. Log on, under Checked Out Items, click on the transaction number of the item to renew.