Fall 2021 Update on Access by BCCHS
The library is open only to currently-enrolled students, faculty, and staff of Baruch College and CUNY SPS. Until further notice, this temporary update supercedes access information lower down on this page.
The Newman Library serves the prestigious Baruch College Campus High School, rated as one of the best high schools in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
- Access & borrowing: Use your Baruch College ID card to enter the library and borrow books.
- Hours: Check the “Hours” link at the top of the library home page to make sure that the library and the service desks are open before you visit.
- How to find a book: On the home page, go to the yellow search box, click “Define your search,” select “Books (print + ebooks)” from the drop down menu, type your terms, and run your search.
- How to borrow
- How to renew a book
- Scanning service: Scanners are located on the 2nd floor. There is no charge for scanning to e-mail or a USB storage device.
- Printing service: Printing is available for a fee by using the kiosk next to the reference desk on the 2nd floor.
- WiFi Service: Request a one-day guest login and password at the reference or circulation desk.
- Access to databases & articles:
- IN THE LIBRARY ONLY: On the home page, go to the yellow search box, click “Define your search,” select “Articles” from the drop down menu, type your terms, and run your search. If you need to use a specific database (such as JSTOR), select “Databases” from the drop down menu in the yellow search box. Access to Baruch College databases is only available inside the library.
- FROM OUTSIDE THE LIBRARY: temporarily unavailable
- Research assistance: Available at the reference desk, via 24/7 chat, or by email.
- Journals, newspapers, & magazines: To see if we have a specific journal, newspaper, or magazine, use the relevant option to search in the drop down menu in the yellow search box.
- Fines: The library charges for overdue books and other materials (details).