Yes, as long as the following are all true:
- a hold has not been placed on the item by another user who wants to borrow it
- you have not reached the maximum number of renewals
- your account is in good standing
To avoid overdue fines and blocked renewals, renew items on or before the due date.
Some kinds of materials generally can’t be renewed, such as:
- items from the course reserves service
- DVDs and CDs
- technology items (laptops, calculators, cameras, etc.)
You have four options:
- Online (see instructions below)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For regular book loans, call the circulation desk at (646) 312-1660 (check circulation desk hours before calling)
- Click the renewal link in the email reminder we send out in the days before your item is due.
Enter your library ID number and password to log in. You can find your library ID number on your CUNY ID card. Your password is the same as your library ID number unless you’ve chosen to update it.
Once logged in, you’ll see a “My Account” page. Click “Loans.”
On the Loans page, you’ll see a list of all the items you’ve checked out. Click the “RENEW” link next to the ones you want to renew (extend the loan period).
You should get a confirmation message (“Renew successful”).
Renewals will not be granted if:
- the item has been requested by another person
- the item is long overdue
- the renewal limit has been exceeded
- there is a block on the your record
- your library account has expired
- the item is in the category of things that generally can’t be renewed, such as:
Call the circulation desk at (646) 312-1660 or email email@example.com for help.