Can I renew items I have checked out?
You can renew the loan period for something if no hold has been placed on it by another user, if you have not reached the maximum number of renewals, and if your account is in good standing. To avoid overdue fines and blocked renewals, renew items on or before the due date.
The following may not be renewed online:
- course reserve items
- laptops, cameras, DVDs, and other technology loans
How do I renew?
Go to the My Account feature in the library catalog and follow these steps:
- Type your library ID number (found on lower right corner of Baruch IDs) in both boxes (the “Barcode” and “Password” boxes)
- Click “loans” to retrieve a listing of books you’ve borrowed
- Click the number to the left of the item you wish to renew
- If the item is eligible to be renewed, the word renew will be underlined below the date due
- Clicking on the underlined word will renew the item and a new due date will appear
- Log out by clicking “End Session”
The Library does not offer renewals by telephone, but you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request renewal.
Why am I unable to renew?
Renewals will not be granted if:
- the book has been requested by another person
- the item is long overdue
- the renewal limit has been exceeded
- there is a block on your record